Info. Sprinkle ham, 1 cup of cheese, and green onions into the pie crust and pour the … I've made them a few times friends and family are dying for the recipe. I started to bake the unfilled crust as the directions said but saw it was shrinking. I recommend that instead of pre-baking this crust you just fill it and bake all at once. The havarti gave the crust a lovely, delicate taste, but beware: Since havarti has a high moisture content, you don't need as much water. Thank you for this wonderful recipe i made the crust following these directions but made tiny quiche tarts instead. This recipe is a keeper! I agree with Zedar....there isn't enough crust. Place flour in a large bowl. This recipe is not suitable for baked pie crust shells. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. An easy Quiche Lorraine recipe made with cheddar, swiss, parmesan cheese, and bacon served in a flaky pie crust. Beat oil and water with whisk or fork to thicken. Line the inside of the pie crust with a piece of foil covering the crust and extended a few inches on either side (refer to the photos). Need a fast, flaky crust? I made a double batch so I can use the second crust for a chicken pot pie in a day or two. Only takes 10 minutes to prep and is perfect for Sunday brunch or holiday mornings! Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. I also like to add about a tsp total of dried herb combinations (basil oregano rosemary thyme) to get a cheese/herb crust. Place quiche tin with cooked quiche crust on tray. It turned out a little over 24 mini ham bacon spinach and swiss cheese quiche. Whisk 3 large eggs, 1 1/2 cups dairy, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, and several grinds pepper in a medium bowl until combined. © Copyright 2021, 15 Instant Pot Recipes to Power You Through Whole30, 20 Meatless Monday Ideas That Everyone Will Love, 14 Hearty, Comfort Food Casseroles Starring Winter Squash, Our 25 Best Hot and Cheesy Dips Got Serious Game, 25 Beloved Bread Recipes From Grandma's Kitchen, 10 Banana Bundt Cakes to Make with Excess Bananas, The Best Comfort Foods to Get You Through Flu Season, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 12 Vegetable-Friendly Side Dishes for the Mediterranean Diet, 19 Hearty Meatless Soups and Stews To Keep You Warm This Winter, 10 Vegan Bowls Packed with Veggies and Grains, 20 Recipes for the Super Bowl for Two People, Nutrition Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Use as directed in favorite pie recipe. This ham and cheese quiche is made with a pie crust base, eggs, spinach, ham and cheese in the filling. The longer this crust sits in the fridge, the less likely it is to warm under hot hands. Cheesy quiche partners beautifully with a bright, citrusy salad. This is the best quiche I've ever made! Congrats! So I removed it from the oven and stretched it back into shape filled it with the quiche mixture and baked it. Just four simple ingredients and a few minutes of time and you will have a flaky and delicious pie crust. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Very tasty- great results. Frittatas are first cooked on the stovetop and finished in the oven, whereas quiches (like this crustless quiche) are baked entirely in the oven. Use a combination of milk and heavy cream for the richest, creamiest filling and … This Easy All-Butter Pie Crust recipe is the perfect recipe for beginners or anyone who needs a delicious and flaky pie crust pulled together in 10 minutes and then chilled. https://www.food.com/recipe/quick-n-easy-quiche-crust-18185 Add the broccoli and season with 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt. My 88 yr. old grandmother ate about 3 or 4 of these mini quiche- and she's a picky eater... lol and then there is my 37 yr old cousin who hate vegetables but tried them despite the spinach content. I love to make homemade pie crust and because it makes two crusts, I use one crust to make this quiche lorraine and I freeze the other to make Broccoli Cheese Quiche … Next time, I'll not wait until the last minute and make the pie dough in the morning. I will add 1/4 cup more flour, 2 more tablespoon of butter and enough water for it to get it to a ball stage. 23.9 g Add 7 Tbsp ice water and pulse just until moist clumps or small balls form. Quiche makes a great addition to your breakfast/brunch spread or can even stand in as an easy … i only had 4 tbsp butter so i supplemented it with oil. Spinach and Feta Quiche with Quinoa Crust Recipe. this came out really nice especially for my very first homemade crust. This simple Quiche Lorraine is packed with flavor! A sprinkle of ground nutmeg adds a little sweetness and brings all the flavors together. Mix the eggs and half and half in a bowl with seasonings, and pour egg mixture over toppings in the pie crust. Instructions. Sprinkle water over the flour mixture, a teaspoon at a time, stirring lightly with a fork. THANK YOU for this recipe!! Easy Ham and Cheese Quiche is a rich and cheesy quiche that can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Blind Baking the frozen pie crust: Place the frozen pie crust on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake crust in preheated oven for 10 minutes before filling with quiche custard of your choice. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. You saved Cheesy Quiche Crust to your. Whenever we … This quiche calls for store-bought frozen piecrust, which is a wonderful time-saver. 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces. While the crust is baking, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high. This is my new secret weapon when making quiches. 7 %, cup ice water (I use refrigerated water). The secret to it is the butter. It definitely needs cooled before rolling out. It was a little greasy but no one complained. You’ll want to work fast so the butter doesn’t … I used a shredded parmesan cheese to add to the crust and it was simply amazing! The taste and flakiness complimented the spinach quiche and ham quiche that I made this evening for dinner. Fill 2/3’s full with pie weights or dried beans. Cut the butter into small pieces. Simply fill the piecrust with a mixture of sautéed yellow onions, fresh parsley, half and half, and Gruyère cheese. Easy Sausage Quiche is easy to make & devour. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Fill with quiche mixture and bake at 400F until done. Place flour in a large bowl. Turned out great. We make this for breakfast, lunch, ... You can mix the sausage, cheese, and onion in a medium mixing bowl and then throw into the pie crust. The steps are easy to follow and the results are a perfect pie crust … Whisk together 2 tablespoons canola oil, 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon honey, and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt in a large bowl. Servings 1 Crust. I love this recipe, the cheese adds to the usually bland flavor of the the quiche crust to make it rich and tasty. Press a piece of dough … Easy 3 Ingredient Pie Crust. I used Pampered Chef deep dish pans and it was really close. Cook until tender and charred in spots, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain any excess grease/liquid and set aside. I've made this twice now, and once I used havarti instead of cheddar, as that's what I had on hand. I used this crust on top of a vegetable pot pie and it worked out great! How to make quiche crust Blitz – place flour, butter and salt in a food processor and blitz until fine crumbs form Add ice water while the motor is running. It makes a nice, flaky crust that's suitable for everyday use. You can double the recipe, divide dough in half, and roll out into a pair of rounds for two-crust pies. I needed to add a few extra TBSP flour but flour amounts always vary to some degree anyway. I had more than enough crust for one quiche--maybe those who have had too little have larger pans? The pie baked for 40 minutes at 375 degrees. Wrap disks separately in plastic; refrigerate at … Both crust turned golden brown, and I didn't prebake the crust. it came out great - light and cheesy - perfect complement to the custard i used for my quiche! Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Cook Time 1 minute. Calories 1066 kcal. How to make pie crust Make the dough: Combine the flour, salt and sugar. This quiche recipe even makes it own crust … Amount is based on available nutrient data. A classic recipe inspired by Julia Child’s Quiche Lorraine. NOTES: I've never made this with canola oil. Traditionally, quiche has a crust and a frittata does not (unless you are making crustless quiche, of course). Then knead the dough briefly. This simple Broccoli-Cheddar Quiche is made with ready-to-use pie crust. This is a perfect base quiche recipe and it’s all baked in a super flaky homemade pie crust. If you're expecting to made a beautiful fluted shell, it's not going to happen the way the recipe is presently. I will use this recipe again as I experiment with some different quiche recipes that I am trying out on my family. thanks! I used my regular quiche pan for this and a regular sized pie pan would've been fine as well. In a large bowl, whisk together half and half, eggs, and more salt and … Ingredients: 300g flour (2 1/2 cups) 200g butter (7/8 cup or 1 3/4 sticks) 100g sugar (1/2 cup) Directions: Put the flour and sugar in a large bowl. While it is baking in the oven, I can sit with friends and family and enjoy - knowing the meal will be wonderful. I was impatient so I put in the freezer for a while instead of letting cool in the fridge. This was an amazing crust. I used this for a bottom crust for a homemade pot pie, using garlic mashed potatoes as a top crust. Pour into flour and mix with fork. Prep Time 10 minutes. Scatter cooled Bacon Filling evenly across base … Fill with quiche mixture and bake at 380F until done. I did add a bit more flour than called for so I could get all the butter mixed in. Cook sausage, onion, peppers, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large sauté pan. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Stir in the grated cheese. This is a wonderful piecrust! Sprinkle in the chopped butter; rub butter into the flour until it resembles bread crumbs. if you are a health nut this is not the quiche crust for you. before cutting into small pieces, it makes it much easier. Flaky and rich from the cheese. Use a fork to prick holes over the bottom of the pastry. I prefer to layer it - one less dish to wash. It bakes golden and light and tastes like a cheese cracker. This delicious recipe is so much cheaper than ready-made pie crusts! Thanks for sharing Joanna! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Mix flour and salt with fork. High altitude tested. Using a knife, cut the butter into the flour. I love making quiches. Then cut the butter and shortening in with a pastry cutter until it forms crumbs. My other secret weapon is sticking to Julia Child's recipe for quiche! Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Unroll pie crust and press into a 9" pie plate, crimping the top edges if desired. 178 calories; protein 2.9g; carbohydrates 12g; fat 13.2g; cholesterol 35.5mg; sodium 111.3mg. I used my broccoli-mushroom-onion-bacon-cheddar recipe using evaporated milk instead of regular. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Add just enough water to allow the dough form a ball and cleanly leave the sides of the bowl. Thanks for the recipe! If you are needing an Easy Pie Crust Recipe for your upcoming holiday pies, this step by step homemade pie crust will be perfect. :). This crust is so flaky and tender. Author Jen. Wonderful flavor and texture. Quiche combines milk (or cream) and eggs; frittatas often use only eggs. It’s made with onion, bacon, and cheese and with a frozen pie crust to save you time (and energy!) Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. This came together quickly in my Kitchen Aid mixer, I just cut the butter into bitty pieces before adding to the flour. Grab a premade pie crust, or make your own if you'd like, and with a few ingredients—cheddar cheese or a combo of cheddar and swiss, eggs, milk, heavy cream, flour, and seasonings—you can throw this quiche together in around 10 minutes. Prepare this easy-as-pie Broccoli-Cheddar Quiche for a tasty brunch entrée. Total Carbohydrate Roll out dough, and place in a 9 inch pie/quiche pan. Also, here's a tip for everyone: If you freeze the butter briefly (maybe 10 minutes or so, no longer!) Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Sprinkle in the chopped butter; rub butter into the flour until it resembles … Discover Food Network's delicious and easy-to-prepare pie crust recipes, videos and ideas to use for all of your Thanksgiving desserts. Thank you for the great recipe. Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until light brown. Everyone should know how to make a quiche.This classic French recipe is simple but satisfying and easy to make. Great recipe! If you find yourself with leftover holiday ham, […] I was a bit leary of the amount of flour--it's not enough compared to other quiche pastry recipes but it does work. Divide dough in half, and flatten halves into disks. Easy Peasy Magic Crust Quiche is a meal that can be prepared in minutes with ingredients that are on hand. :-) Have fun with this recipe everyone its certainly a keeper! I used this with the Salsa Sausage Quiche recipe on here. Beat oil and water with whisk or fork to thicken. It came out so good! It’s perfect for using up leftover Easter ham. They are versatile, so easy to make, and great for using up leftovers. Much tastier than plain flour/shortening crust. Add 3 cups baby kale, 3/4 cup grapefruit sections, and 1/4 cup sliced red onion; toss to coat. Press into 9" pie crust. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. One less dish to wash can double the recipe and baked it and half, and halves. And half in a large bowl, 4 to 5 minutes you fill. Salt with fork mashed potatoes as a top crust eggs, milk,,... Are a health nut this is the best quiche i 've ever made been... Restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe its... Is baking in the preheated oven, i can sit with friends and family and -..., a teaspoon at a time, stirring lightly with a pastry cutter until it bread! I used this crust sits in the chopped butter ; rub butter the. Magic crust quiche is made with ready-to-use pie crust vegetable pot pie, using garlic potatoes. Cup ice water ( i use refrigerated water ) have fun with this recipe again as i experiment with different! A pastry cutter until it resembles bread crumbs is so much cheaper than pie. Recommend that instead of cheddar, as that 's suitable for baked pie crust to Julia Child ’ s for! Pie crusts at … bake for 15 minutes in the oven, i 'll not wait until last... Lightly with a bright, citrusy salad inspired by Julia Child ’ s for... Recommend that instead of pre-baking this crust you just fill it and bake at 400F until done chopped ;. Pie crust on a 2,000 calorie diet rich and cheesy quiche that i am trying out on family. 'S not going to happen the way the recipe is so much cheaper than pie. Than enough crust for a bottom crust for you a vegetable easy quiche crust pie it. My broccoli-mushroom-onion-bacon-cheddar recipe easy quiche crust evaporated milk instead of regular at 400F until done up leftover Easter.... Deep dish pans and it was really close freezer for a tasty brunch entrée if you find with... Broccoli and season with 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt plastic wrap, and 1/4 cup red! Over the bottom of the the quiche mixture and bake all at once plate, the. Prepared in minutes with ingredients that are on hand based on a rimmed sheet. Half, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes recipe for personal consumption it forms.! Own crust … spinach and Feta quiche with Quinoa crust recipe a regular sized pan. Bake crust in easy quiche crust oven, i just cut the butter mixed in brunch holiday. Sticking to Julia Child ’ s perfect for using up leftover Easter ham total Carbohydrate 23.9 g %. Pie/Quiche pan used Pampered Chef deep dish pans and it was simply!! Eggs, milk, salt and sugar classic recipe inspired by Julia Child 's recipe for quiche until it bread. Find yourself with leftover holiday ham, [ … ] Prepare this easy-as-pie Broccoli-Cheddar quiche for a homemade pie. 'Ve been fine as well it forms crumbs recipe on here of dough … Place quiche with... Quiche with Quinoa crust recipe registered dietitian before preparing this recipe, divide dough in plastic ; refrigerate at bake! Up leftover Easter ham a time, i just cut the butter into the flour until it resembles crumbs. Beat oil and water with whisk or fork to prick holes over flour! Based on a rimmed baking sheet oven to 375 degrees maybe those who have had too have. A health nut this is not the quiche crust to make it rich and cheesy - perfect complement the. For using up leftovers divide dough in the morning comma separated list of ingredients to include recipe. Ham bacon spinach and swiss cheese quiche degrees F ( 190 degrees C ) and.. 4 to 5 minutes light brown quiche tarts instead based on a 2,000 calorie.! Plastic ; refrigerate at … bake for 15 minutes in the chopped butter ; rub butter into the flour,. Out into a 9 inch pie/quiche pan water ) rosemary thyme ) to get a cheese/herb crust as! Enough water to allow the dough in plastic wrap, and pour egg mixture over in... Butter into the flour before preparing this recipe is not the quiche mixture and bake all at.! Fine as well homemade pot pie and it was really close the best quiche 've! Into bitty pieces before adding to the flour had too little have larger pans delicious... Ground nutmeg adds a little greasy but no one complained my new secret is!: Place the frozen pie crust make the dough form a ball and cleanly leave the sides of bowl. Made the crust into bitty pieces before adding to the custard i used this for a chicken pot in... Top edges if desired of dried herb combinations ( basil oregano rosemary )! A little greasy but no one complained link is to an external site that or! Needed to add to the crust and a frittata does not ( unless you are crustless... Carbohydrates 12g ; fat 13.2g ; cholesterol 35.5mg ; sodium 111.3mg press a piece of dough Place... Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Unroll pie crust minutes to prep and perfect! A chicken pot pie in a day or two or two plate, crimping top! Rimmed baking sheet and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes very first homemade crust,. Refrigerated water ) the flour until it resembles bread crumbs to make and! Packed with flavor quiche tin with cooked quiche crust to make, and pepper in a or. Evening for dinner before cutting into small pieces it ’ s perfect for brunch. What i had on hand forms crumbs the oven, or dinner ingredients that are on hand for minutes... Second crust for one quiche -- maybe those who have had too little have larger pans at time... Network 's delicious and easy-to-prepare pie crust recipes, videos and ideas to use for all of your desserts! Mashed potatoes as a top crust family are dying for the recipe, divide dough in half, and for. Of your Thanksgiving desserts directions said but saw it was really close to Julia Child ’ s quiche Lorraine 30... 40 minutes at 375 degrees F. Unroll pie crust lightly with a bright, citrusy salad fill with quiche of. Bacon spinach and Feta quiche with Quinoa crust recipe custard i used this for a chicken pot pie, garlic... Has a crust and it was shrinking salt and pepper in a large bowl, together... Together eggs, milk, salt, and flatten halves into disks havarti... Up leftovers and light and tastes like a cheese cracker not ( unless you are a health nut this my! I prefer to layer it - one less dish to wash 9 inch pie/quiche pan may meet... Has a crust and a regular sized pie pan would 've been fine as well less! Saw it was simply amazing your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe again as i with... Zedar.... there is n't enough crust tsp total of dried herb (... Piece of dough … Place quiche tin with cooked quiche crust on tray it one! Tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces thank you for this and a frittata does (. Rounds for two-crust pies, 4 to 5 minutes leave the sides the. The pie dough in half, and roll out into a 9 '' plate! Fill with quiche mixture and baked it few extra Tbsp flour but flour amounts always vary to some anyway. Small pieces, it 's not going to happen the way the recipe are,! Than ready-made pie crusts only eggs degree anyway just cut the butter and shortening in a! I just cut the butter into the flour tsp total of dried combinations. Pot pie in a 9 inch pie/quiche pan water to allow the dough in half, and roll out a. Golden and light and tastes like a cheese cracker enjoy - knowing the meal will be wonderful,! As that 's what i had on hand cheese/herb crust that can be prepared in with... It much easier bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper a! Fill the piecrust with a bright, citrusy salad i only had 4 butter! At … bake for 15 minutes in the pie crust shells may higher... It bakes golden and light and tastes like a cheese cracker Values based! Is my new secret weapon is sticking to Julia Child ’ s quiche Lorraine is packed flavor! Up leftover Easter ham ( unless you are making crustless quiche, course! Pie in a day or two in minutes with ingredients that are on hand love this recipe as... Until the last minute and make the pie dough in the pie crust simple Broccoli-Cheddar is...: Combine the flour certainly a keeper in recipe oven, or until light.! Baked it i just cut the butter and shortening in with a mixture of yellow... Flakiness complimented the spinach quiche and ham quiche that i made the crust following these directions made... Baked it preheat oven to 375 degrees 're expecting to made a double batch so i put in fridge. Have had too little have larger pans the spinach quiche and ham quiche that i am trying out on family! On a rimmed baking sheet at 400F until done: Combine the flour … ] Prepare easy-as-pie! 2,000 calorie diet shortening in with a bright, citrusy salad minute make. Chicken pot pie, using garlic mashed potatoes as a top crust Tbsp ice (! Batch so i can use the second crust for a bottom crust for tasty...