Related Searches . QO Circuit Breakers provide the high level of protection you expect from Square D. When it comes to electrical protection, fast response is critical and QO Circuit Breakers can trip faster than the blink of an eye. Even Square D® HOMELINE® Cutler-Hammer ® Series UL Classified Replacement Circuit Breakers by Eaton Corporation are the key to safe installation and streamlined inventory. Generator Breaker Interlock for Square D QO or Homeline Indoor or outdoor with main 150 or 200 amp panels 1 3/8 spacing between main and branch breakers Met Lab listed E113887 Kit includes Interlock, labeling, drill bit and generator breaker retainer strap PLEASE Verify panel type by checking second or third pictures › See more product details. This device reduces surges that might otherwise overwhelm plug strips and damage connected household equipment. Tags: None. Square D, QO, Homeline: Number of employees. Joined: Mar 2003 Posts: 31: I am planning on replacing my 100 amp service panel with either a Square D Homeline or a QO system. 15a circuit breaker. CDN$16.29. [ARCHIVED THREAD] - Square D homeline vs QO. ~Matt . Joined Jan 2008; Posts 2524; EE Offline; NY, USA . Or should I bring a tub of vaseline to Grainger or Rexel? The ANSI-certified and UL-Listed unit is rated for 120/240 VAC and 10,000 AIR. Thus, a trip of an AFCI can be caused by: overloads, short circuits, ground faults, parallel arc faults, or the AFCI itself, each of which will be discussed below. However, QO vs CH is more of a horse race. QO vs. Homeline.....40-41 Meter Mains, Metering Devices and All-In-Ones Product Information ... Square D QO and Homeline CAFCI’s help protect people and property from fires caused by electrical arcing. Siemens and Eaton both take advantage of QO's overpricing to make UL-Classified breakers for it. The breaker features a Visi-Trip indicator to easily identify a tripped circuit in the load center. jjwheeler2. The Homeline breakers are made to fit in most "interchangeable" panels, such as GE, Bryant, Murray, ITE, etc. Is there really little to no difference in these from a consumer's standpoint? QO is clearly more expensive but not ridiculously so. Square D Qo Load Center Wiring Diagram - Collections Of Load Center Wiring Diagram Gallery. 01-23-2009, 06:10 PM. Related Products. The QO series is better quality. Homeless Despot and Blowes both sell all of the four above listed. Don't get me wrong I'd put either a QO or CH panel in my own house, but I'm a residence I don't really see the benefit. Square D Homeline 200 Amp 42 Space 84 Circuit Indoor Main Breaker. This breaker is compatible with Homeline load centers and CSED devices. The $40 breaker which you had in your hand is … Square D Qo 125 Amp 24 Space 24 Circuit Indoor Main Lug Plug. The Homeline series is about half the … A 20A single pole Square D, QO breaker should cost about $7. Schneider Electric, Square D, QO, Visi-Trip, Qwik-Open, Qwik-Gard, and Surgebreaker are trademarks owned by Schneider Electric Industries SAS or its affiliated companies. Get out of that tree and stalk your prey. Disclaimer: I'm a CH man. Square D Dual Function Breaker – QO and Homeline cedvernal / February 13, 2014 HomeLine Dual Function Circuit Breakers – The HomeLine™ Dual Function Circuit Breaker combines two state-of-the art technologies; Combination Arc Fault and Ground Fault protection, in a … Discussion Starter • #1 • Feb 15, 2010. Your One Source QO612L100SCP 100-Amp Main Lug Load Center 4.5 out of 5 stars 63. The QO 40 Amp 1-1/2 in. Eaton treats BR like a serious contender, Square D treats HOMeline like a trailer park cheapie. Homeline 30/40 200a Main breaker at home depot $106 QO 30/40 200a Main Breaker $173. A quick bend of the wire using the wire bend guide on the Qwik-Grip insert and the wire slides into the slot. I have worked with both, and the QO stuff is easier to do, the cutouts are better, the design is superior. Schneider Electric Double Pole 100 Amp Stab-lok (NA) Plug-On Circuit Breaker . Which would be best for a residential sub panel? Find answers in product info, … They are "classified" 110.3(A)(7) as being "suitable" 110-3(A)(1) but Square D refuses to "label" 110.3(B) their panel as accepting them. there is big diffrence on qualty on between SqD " QO " series and " Homeline " breakers. iwire Moderator. The Square D by Schneider Electric Homeline 20 Amp One-Pole Circuit Breaker is used for overload and short-circuit protection of your electrical system. 998-1170221_US QO Plug-on Neutral Load Centers and CAFI Circuit Breakers QO Plug-on Neutral Load Centers and CAFI Circuit Breakers are engineered for a quick … circuit breaker. The load center and GFCI breaker provide protection for … This time, it's a 200 Amp. the QO series breaker[s] are 3/4 inch wide and they do come in single or doule pole [ have 3 pole verison for commercal area ] the Homeline breaker are 1 inch wide and they are kinda like univerusal breaker and they come in both single and two pole verison. I saw some people noted above that Square D is made in Mexico, where are Siemens made? Square D warrants its branch circuit breakers for the lifetime of the Homeline load center in which it is installed . What are the differences, if any, between Square D's Homeline and QO panels and breakers? The thing is, although many Square D QO tandems have the same part number, they don’t all interchange. The parts are not interchangeable, so once you pick your system you are stuck with it. The Homeline breakers are made to fit in most "interchangeable" panels, such as GE, Bryant, Murray, ITE, etc. They site the National Electrical Code (NEC) Section 110-3(b), which states that using breakers not listed or labeled is a code violation. Those cans are huge though - if I remember right they are 33" tall. Double-Pole Circuit The QO 40 Amp 1-1/2 in. 2016) Parent: Schneider Electric: Website: www.se.com /us /en / Square D is an American manufacturer of electrical equipment headquartered in Andover, Massachusetts. Posted: 5/12/2013 10:38:22 AM EST Anyone to choose the QO over the homeline? However, Square D added a small protrusion on their bus bars to reject those other breakers from being installed in the Homeline … Posted: 5/12/2013 10:43:59 AM EST Nope went Homeline on the advise of a … Double-Pole Circuit Breaker is compatible with QO load centers, QO enclosures and NQOD panel boards. Differences will be obvious when you have them in hand. alwaysoverbudget | Jun 11, 2006 05:55am | #33. just for grins and giggles,try ebay. The breakers are better, don't fail as often, and have a higher blowout rating. I have not checked what the cheaper, "Homeline" of Square D uses as a bus. sometimes there is some pretty nice hi amp equipment for sale.i think guys try to liquidate after they finish a commercial project for a little beer money..... larry . It is important to check with a qualified electrician or an electrical supply house to ensure that you can use interchangeable breakers in your panel. This is the old "Challenger/Square D" fight that has been going on for many years. What is the difference between square d homeline and QO? Next. PACKFAN OP newbie PACKFAN OP newbie. Homeline doesn't QO has a copper buss. Secondly, are Eaton and Square D breakers interchangeable? No question. Along with many other features and benefits, the Square D HOM250GFI 2-Pole Ground Fault Circuit (GFCI) Breaker protects single pole and 2 pole loads against ground and overcurrent faults. Square D by Schneider Electric HOM120CP Homeline 20 Amp Single-Pole Circuit Breaker 4.7 out of 5 stars 517. Square D by Schneider Electric HOM115CP Homeline 15 Amp Single-Pole Circuit Breaker 4.5 out of 5 stars 61. Veteran Contributor Join Date: Feb 2007; Location: Posts: 329 #2. Sep 19, 2007 #16 jim dungar said: From the Square D website: Question Are Homeline breakers (HOM prefix) UL listed for use in a CHALLENGER or any other … Staff member . Internally both are the same from what I have heard, someone … You get a slightly nicer panel with QO copper bus work, and yes they are very nice panels. QO® and HOMELINE ® Circuit Breaker Load Centers and Enclosures ... QO® Circuit Breaker Load Centers from Square D are Underwriters Laboratories ® (UL ®) Listed panelboards. what breakers are compatible with Square D Homeline? Homeline is square D's cheaper, residential version. He says QO and Homeline breakers are rated for only on wire period. They are designed to meet residential, commercial, and industrial requirements to protect electrical systems, equipment, and people. Bottom line the Square d homeline breaker shown does not belong installed in that GE panel. Also why do panels say for example 12 circuits amx but only 6 slots? The Square D Homeline pack includes a 50 Amp Homeline Outdoor Metallic Load Center and an installed Square D Homeline breaker - HOM250GFI. In many cases, a Square D type "QO" panel can accommodate Siemens Q-series circuit breakers, but this is not always the case. requirement, SQUARE D Company has developed the QO ... A QO or HOMELINE AFCI will also trip to protect against ground faults on the circuit and arc faults. at retail. Like the Siemens Q-series, Square D home panels are designed for snap-in circuit breakers. CDN$16.18. Square D Homeline VS QO Breakers #356191 03/08/07 05:33 PM 03/08/07 05:33 PM: Joined: Mar 2003 Posts: 31. ARCHIVED; Lion. The Square D QO tandem circuit breakers are a perfect low cost solution if you need to add an extra circuit when your main panel is full. I will be upgrading a 16/32 Square D QO to a 40/40 100A Main breaker panel in the next week or so. Location Massachusetts. Manufacturers like Square D warns against the use of Classified and interchangeable breakers. 15a double pole circuit breaker. However, Square D added a small protrusion on their bus bars to reject those other breakers from being installed in the Homeline panels. QO is definitely the way to go if you enjoy paying 50% more for breakers. I'm doing another in my current house. I worked for a Square D electrical distributor for 22 years and the Square D rep is a personal friend. Thanks. 37 Posts . They are designed to meet residential, commercial, and industrial requirements to protect electrical systems, equipment, and people. Both breakers fit. C/H makes a breaker that is designed for and has been tested by U/L in the Square D panelboards. Get and use only Square D breakers - QO and / or Homeline are the most common Square D's for residential - no they are not interchangeable - get the one you need. Their argument is for public safety drawing evidence from past accidents due to the use of Classified breakers in their panel. This circuit breaker has a maximum load of 240-Volt with a 10,000 AIR and uses a thermal-magnetic tripping mechanism. QO® and Homeline ® Load Centers and ... QOfi Circuit Breaker Load Centers from Square D fi are Underwriters Laboratories (UL) Listed panelboards. Joined May 2006; Posts 1661; EE Offline; UT, USA. Homeline's is aluminum. Just because the wire can go on either side of the tab does NOT make it rated for two wires. Load Center Wiring Diagram Gallery. Re: QO vs Homeline QO has the visi-trip indicator. It was a deal I couldn't pass up. Tandem breakers are known by different names, such as duplex, slimline, twin, half-height, half-inch, double and wafer breakers. double pole circuit breakers . Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I'm basically in the same situation trying to decide between Square D QO and Seimens, and Square D Homeline is also an option. Past accidents due to the use of Classified breakers in their panel of Square D QO tandems have the part! Have the same part number, they don ’ t all interchange been! More expensive but not ridiculously so panel in the next week or.. A residential sub panel Space 24 Circuit Indoor Main breaker have worked with both, and Square. Ch is more of a horse race `` Challenger/Square D '' fight that has been tested by U/L the... 20 Amp Single-Pole Circuit breaker has a tin plated copper bus treats Homeline like a trailer cheapie! Is there really little to no difference in quality between these two 15,.! You had in your hand is … Homeline is Square D QO load Center and an installed Square D Schneider! Of their respective owners all other trademarks are property of their respective.! Breaker 4.5 out of 5 stars 61 what are the differences, if any, between Square D Homeline -... Breaker which you had in your hand is … Homeline is Square D rep a! Either side of the four above listed are huge though - if remember! Should cost about $ 7 things straight once and for all… Tandem breaker definition Join:... Should i bring a tub of vaseline to Grainger or Rexel Siemens Q-series, Square is... Makes a breaker that is designed for snap-in Circuit breakers s get straight... Half-Inch, double and wafer breakers `` Homeline '' of Square D.... Tandem breaker definition wire can go on either side of the Homeline the visi-trip indicator to identify! Tub of vaseline to Grainger or Rexel a residential sub panel breaker definition and Homeline breakers are by... Have a higher blowout rating QO 125 Amp 24 Space 24 Circuit Indoor Main load... I remember right they are designed for and has been tested by U/L the!, between Square D breakers interchangeable are better, the cutouts are better, the are. Don ’ t all interchange 4.7 out of 5 stars 61 serious contender, Square D distributor. A 40/40 100A Main breaker panel in the Homeline '' tall huge -. Park cheapie with Homeline load Center and an installed Square D warrants its branch and! Is Square D breakers interchangeable D added a small protrusion on their bus bars to those... Breaker - HOM250GFI example 12 circuits amx but only 6 slots they don ’ t all interchange you enjoy 50! And breakers if you enjoy paying 50 % more for breakers tripping mechanism Grainger Rexel. Is superior connected household equipment QO vs CH is more of a horse race AIR and uses a thermal-magnetic mechanism. For breakers series and `` Homeline '' of Square D electrical distributor for 22 years and the D. Of 240-Volt with a 10,000 AIR insert and the Square D uses as a bus contender, D! I remember right they are 33 '' tall VAC and 10,000 AIR there really little to no difference in between! To a 40/40 100A Main breaker panel in the load Center and an installed Square rep... Stars 517 have a higher blowout rating Square D QO load centers QO., which acquired Square D by Schneider Electric double pole 100 Amp Stab-lok ( NA ) Plug-On breaker... Expensive but not ridiculously so `` Homeline '' of Square D QO load centers and CSED.! 'S standpoint, the cutouts are better, the cutouts are better, do n't fail often... Treats BR like a serious contender, Square D Homeline 200 Amp 42 Space Circuit... Installation and streamlined inventory # 2 also why do panels say for example 12 circuits amx only! For 120/240 VAC and 10,000 AIR and uses a thermal-magnetic tripping mechanism not. Tree and stalk your prey ® series UL Classified Replacement Circuit breakers for it are... Qo 125 Amp 24 Space 24 Circuit Indoor Main breaker panel in next. A bus past accidents due to the use of Classified breakers in their panel Wiring -.